Didjshop Forum
All about didgeridoos and didj-related topics

Home » Didjshop Forum » Sound Healing » Hello and the Didg saved my life  () 1 Vote
icon6.gif  Hello and the Didg saved my life [message #1285] Fri, 29 July 2005 08:57 Go to next message
thestick is currently offline  thestick
Greetings Everyone,

I am a newcomer to the forum. I bought my first didge from didgshop and the instruction video a little over 2 years ago. My original intention was to get a didg in high A for my band, Second Sufis. The didg and video ended up saving my life. I have been an asthmatic all of my life and it was getting pretty bad. My asthma was pretty severe. Being able to breathe was my primary concern each and every day. Six weeks after getting the didg and video I could circular breathe. Less than one month after that I was no longer using asthma medication. It has been 2 years and 2 months sinice then and I can now breathe perfectly normally. For me the didg has become an instrument of self healing and meditation. As a musician I am a Chapman Stick player.

And the money I would have spent on medication went to buying 4 didges from didgshop. How cool is that!!!!!

All that being said as an introduction let me say how much I love didgshop. It is so good to see someone doing good in the world. And GREETINGS ALL Very Happy.

I have an obvious in didg healing. I have a question in this regard. what is the youngest age that it would be appropriate for a child to learn to play didg for healing (or any other reason ?). Does anyone have any feeling about how young is too young. I am trying to find someone I can work with to see how they respond to the didg for asthma healing and most of my opportunities are my Friends kids.
Re: Hello and the Didg saved my life [message #1286 is a reply to message #1285] Fri, 29 July 2005 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bonzo is currently offline  Bonzo
Hi Thestick,

Nice to see how the didgeridoo helped you out!
I do know that good results CAN be achieved for asthmatic people when playing the didge frequently. Some doctors describe didge therapy as a trial to see how things work out. Cool

Then about young children. I thing as soon as they are interested in playing you can start teaching. Try to make challenge out of it, specially if they are very young. Be keen on safety! Children like to walk around with the didge in their mouth. If they fall or bump into something this can cause nasty injuries!
Specially if you start off whit light didges of PVC. Shocked
Try to make a suitable mouthpiece for good sealing and lips opening. If they like playing the didge they will pick it up quickly, so bee prepared, before you know it the have catches you up! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Bonzo

Moderator for this Forum
The blowing Dutchman
Creator of the Legend
General manager of observatory "B.M."
HomePage: Bonzo's Fabulous WebPages
Re: Hello and the Didg saved my life [message #1292 is a reply to message #1286] Sun, 31 July 2005 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daz is currently offline  Daz
hey Stick, welcome to Bonzo's mad house Laughing
My brother has severe asthma, while growing up I have lost count of the times he has been rushed to hospital and had his heart started, it can be a very scary thing to see someone having an attack, in fact probably the scariest thing I have seen in my life, I can't imagine what it must be like to suffer from it. But well done on helping yourself getting it under control. A young Scottish kid was in the national news last week because he started to learn the bagpipes, he also has severe asthma, after several months of learning, his asthma has all but dissappeared, and when he does have an attack he is able to breathe like he does while playing the bagpipes, and this slows and calms his breathing down as well as relaxing him, soon after his attack starts calming down and dissappearing. I think one of the big things with asthma is being able to relax, clam down and think clearly while having an attack, if didj can help this then it's fantastic.
Re: Hello and the Didg saved my life [message #1965 is a reply to message #1285] Wed, 23 November 2005 14:13 Go to previous message
OneSkiWonder is currently offline  OneSkiWonder
OMG!!! I love that stick thingy!!! I want one!!

As for how young you can start playing, I taught myself how to play when I was 7 years old at my grandparent's house. I found two cardboard raping papper tubes, stuck them together and went from there. I currently am 19 and own 7 didjeridoos and have taught more people then I can count how to play. If you want, send me an email at lostonalostworld@yahoo.com (Any spammers who are reading this know that I do have a spam blocker on my email). As for the asthma, I have it as well and the didj really does help...a lot.

I would like to know where I can buy one of those stick thingies.

Regards,
Nathan

May the force be with you.
Previous Topic: Vibrational healing
Next Topic: The Didj and infrasound...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 06:30:19 CDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.12207 seconds

© Didjshop.com, 1993-2012. For rights reserved and granted see our Copyright notice.