Didjshop Forum
All about didgeridoos and didj-related topics

Home » Didjshop Forum » Sound Healing » didj healing and animals
didj healing and animals [message #5463] Sun, 29 March 2009 12:49 Go to next message
bhbyrum is currently offline  bhbyrum
Has anyone had any experience with animals while playing your didj? My puppy is very interested in the sound coming out of the didj. I know this is just curiosity, but I'm wondering if anyone has used the didj for animal healing. Also, if anyone plays outdoors, have you noticed any response in the animals that may be in the area?
Re: didj healing and animals [message #5464 is a reply to message #5463] Sun, 29 March 2009 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
paulb is currently offline  paulb
Welcome to the forum, Beverly. Good to have you here.

My present group of pets seem to pretty much ignore the didj paying, but my old Lab loved to stand in front of the didj when I was playing. I guess the vibration felt pretty good to him.

As far as playing outdoors is concerned, I was playing once at night in the dark and a skunk nearly jumped in my lap. Very interesting.

Again, welcome.

In beautiful Rimrock, Arizona
Re: didj healing and animals [message #5465 is a reply to message #5463] Sun, 29 March 2009 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mario is currently offline  mario
My best little buddy is a Jack Russell, if I open the closet where I keep them he starts barking like they are possessed by Evil or Very Mad demons.

I've tried everything to show them they're nice but so far he looks at me like I'm nuts Shocked .

Very Happy
Re: didj healing and animals [message #5468 is a reply to message #5465] Mon, 30 March 2009 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jack Russells like to bark anyway, don't they? I wanted one in the worst way, but my wife said no. So, we went to a rescue place and found a darling little puppy with quite some energy. The little puppy now weighs 77 pounds, but has the same personality as a Jack Russell. Guess what's it's like to deal with a Jack Russell type dog that size.

Re: didj healing and animals [message #5469 is a reply to message #5463] Thu, 02 April 2009 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mario is currently offline  mario
bhbyrum, Found this awhile back thought it may interest you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Csbgq1wRQwk

As far as healing with a Didge I feel if a person believes in something strong enough it can cure or at least make himself feel better. The mind is a powerful force.

Paulb, A 77 pound Jack!! No Thanks! But I'm sure you Love him anyway.

Regards

[Updated on: Thu, 02 April 2009 16:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: didj healing and animals [message #5470 is a reply to message #5469] Fri, 03 April 2009 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Abner's not a real Jack - he just acts like one. A real live wire, but a lovely animal. He is more a combination of Greyhound and German Shepherd.

Re: didj healing and animals [message #5707 is a reply to message #5463] Tue, 20 October 2009 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ppinny is currently offline  ppinny
Hi there,

i just joined up for the specific purpose of finding out about the Didj's effect on animals after some interesting reactions from our new houseamate.
I have a (i know!) plastic sliding didj! I have others but i use this one to play along sometimes as you can tune it. Also i play a Persian Tonbak drum which is made for a dry climate,,,but i live in the humid tropics and its really hard to get the drum dry enough to sound right so it's always "pitchy", and it's untunable ...hence the drain pipe didj!

Back to our little man. Skip is a young male Tayra, which is a bit like an otter or a ferret, black, lives mostly in trees etc. He's very sweet but madly energetic and a bit bitey. He's a rescued wild animal and very hard work!

I started playing the didj to him a couple of weeks back to see if it would chill him out a bit. He's a baby and overenthusiastic in his play, which amounts to a variety of biting, attack, chase and run games. When he gets overtired he gets a bit manic. He chilled dramatically to the sound, laying right near the end, sometimes putting his head in the end. Over the next two weeks he still chilled but a bit less dramatically. (I've only done it 5 or 6 times as he's not too hectic too often!)

Tonight he was a bit frantic so i played the didj, fully extended, (he seems to prefer the drone alone)! He chilled a bit and after a couple of minutes i closed the didj up about half way and played for a while. He was still pretty cool but moving around. After a few minutes i closed the didj nearly up tight and he went BALLISTIC! He bit me and my partner badly , made a really scary noise we had not heard before, attacked the didj etc. Picture the garden hose pipe that got away... with a small buzz saw at the end and you'll get the idea! We wrapped Skip up in a blanket and removed the didj. He settled in a few minutes and soon dropped off to sleep, but he had scared us fully!

Seems like the didj is a very powerful instrument (we knew that!) but maybe you could do a lot of harm with it as well as good, if you don't know what you are doing!

Anyone have any similar experiences or observations?

We shared our lives with a baby Raccoon and a baby Nightwalker, (nocturnal monkey) before this fellow but neither had a strong reaction to the didj.

Thanks if you made it this far!!

Paul and Sarah ( yes.....alright, and Skip, obviously!)

Re: didj healing and animals [message #5709 is a reply to message #5707] Wed, 21 October 2009 11:43 Go to previous message
That is a pretty good story there, Paul. Skip sounds like an interesting critter.

My cats pretty much ignore my didj efforts. My dog just lays there and looks at the it (although he will sing along with a Native American flute). I have played outdoors at night during one of our quarterly didj meditations (check out the link on this site)and nearly had a skunk climb into my lap.

Anyway, welcome to the forum and thank you for a most interesting contribution.

Previous Topic: I'm doing a sleep study tonight....
Next Topic: Where have all the dideridooers gone? Paulb?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 17:17:42 CDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07711 seconds

© Didjshop.com, 1993-2012. For rights reserved and granted see our Copyright notice.