Didjshop Forum
All about didgeridoos and didj-related topics

Home » Didjshop Forum » Advanced Playing » MASTERCLASS Series
MASTERCLASS Series [message #5880] Thu, 30 December 2010 06:48 Go to next message
Doctordidge is currently offline  Doctordidge
As the new moderator, I want to

firstly introduce myself; residing in the UK I have been playing didge for many a year. I think I first heard the bewitching sound some 10 years ago.

I like both contemporary & traditional styles with a leaning to the former.

Like most, I am philanthropist when it comes to didges, incurable and have circa 15 ranging from traditional Arnhemland yidaki through to plastic.

& secondly inject some more interest into the forum.

It may be of benefit if we try out some structured on line tutorials focused around didge rhythms. Is this likely to be of interest to people?

Regards

Doctordidge
Re: MASTERCLASS Series [message #5885 is a reply to message #5880] Fri, 31 December 2010 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andyd is currently offline  andyd
Good to meet you Doc. Good luck with the moderating, and hope I don't incur your wrath!

I'm up for on-line tutorials, so bring it on.

Andy
Re: MASTERCLASS Series [message #5886 is a reply to message #5885] Mon, 03 January 2011 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Andy

Thanks for the interest. I have been experimenting with the joys of you utube to see how easy it is upload videos, etc. Here's my first offering http://www.youtube.com/user/doctordidge
Re: MASTERCLASS Series [message #5887 is a reply to message #5880] Fri, 14 January 2011 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ma k is currently offline  ma k
Hello Doc!

Hope you can shape things up so there's more action on the forum around here!

Mack
Re: MASTERCLASS Series [message #5889 is a reply to message #5887] Sun, 16 January 2011 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Mack

Yep the forum does need livening up. Being January in the Northern hemisphere plus post Christmas doesn't help Rolling Eyes Any suggestions or personal wishes you may have; please let me know.

Are you looking at any aspects for improving your playing?
Re: MASTERCLASS Series [message #5890 is a reply to message #5889] Sat, 22 January 2011 14:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ma k is currently offline  ma k
I'm not too picky!

But a couple of ideas would be a forum layout closer to ones like musiciansforum.com. The current layout is hard to navigate.(maybe that's just me) However That seems like a lot of time consuming hardwork.

As for the didj, I just bought a couple of hands-free didj stands off another site. Hoping to make some good music with my guitar in hands and didj at mouth! We'll see what happens.

I'm from Ontario, where about are you located Doc?

[Updated on: Sat, 22 January 2011 18:41] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: MASTERCLASS Series [message #5891 is a reply to message #5890] Mon, 24 January 2011 06:51 Go to previous message
Hi

I will check out the musicforum.com format for tuition. If it makes it easier then it will help the forum!!

When you have sorted out your hands free, you will have to do a u-tube video to show us your didge/ guitar skills.

I am from the UK currently typing away in Kings Cross, London
Previous Topic: Barunga festival didj competition
Next Topic: Continuing Resonance
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 20 15:49:10 CDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07469 seconds

© Didjshop.com, 1993-2012. For rights reserved and granted see our Copyright notice.