Didjshop Forum
All about didgeridoos and didj-related topics

Home » Didjshop Forum » Learning to Play » How long did it take you to CB?
How long did it take you to CB? [message #5943] Sat, 30 July 2011 13:54 Go to next message
Fahn is currently offline  Fahn
Just curious about how long it's taken different players to learn the circular breathing technique.

It took me about 2 days, with a 2-3 hours of practice per day.
Re: How long did it take you to CB? [message #5944 is a reply to message #5943] Tue, 02 August 2011 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bazza is currently offline  Bazza
.......Gidday Brock ... You must be a natural !! ..I'm amazed you could CB after only two practice sessions !! ....Took me a lot longer than that!! Shocked Shocked ... How 'bout a audio sample of your talent Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

* I've Found a Way to Relax and Play.*
Re: How long did it take you to CB? [message #5947 is a reply to message #5944] Tue, 02 August 2011 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doctordidge is currently offline  Doctordidge
Me too; it took more than a couple of sessions. Drop us a sound sample!!
Re: How long did it take you to CB? [message #5949 is a reply to message #5944] Thu, 04 August 2011 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fahn is currently offline  Fahn
Hehe, thanks. I admit, even though I had the technique down, it was still very choppy and felt forced; it feels so unnatural at first! Now I have much better control and circular breathing feels completly natural.

I was anxious about learning because I've read that it can take some people YEARS to learn. I was shocked that I learned in after a few hour's practice over 2 days.

I'll have audio samples soon. I'm still quite the ameteur, so my abilities probably aren't nearly as good as yours Razz
Re: How long did it take you to CB? [message #5951 is a reply to message #5949] Wed, 10 August 2011 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looking forward to your samples.[ and anyone else - c'mon share the sound]
Re: How long did it take you to CB? [message #6007 is a reply to message #5943] Sun, 23 October 2011 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RoJo is currently offline  RoJo
I was able to learn in about 3 hours of actually focusing and not giving up. Here is how I went about learning over two weeks.

I purchased an inexpensive didgeridoo just to see if I could make sounds and enjoy it. I was able to do sounds immediately, which shocked me. Did a lot of research, found this site. Talked to some people, ordered a didgeridoo from here (am648). While waiting. I continued to make drone sounds and during the day I would exhale all my air, puff up my cheeks, while keeping my lips tight, I squeezed the air out while I inhaled through the nose. I did this for 10 days simply to get my mind and muscle memory going.

I also ordered the DVD from this site. There are a lot of great techniques for practicing to help strengthen your muscles. He also does some healing playing on this video, trying to follow along and copy him also helped me out a lot.

Once the didgeridoo came. I sat down, put in the DVD and focused on trying to really learn. The high back pressure helps so much, I am very happy I found this webpage and this community Smile

I will try to post a youtube video. I do not have any good timing or rhythm, it won't sound pretty. I will learn and get better. I have about 8 hours of practice in now and starting to feel a lot more comfortable, but still a little rushed.
Re: How long did it take you to CB? [message #6009 is a reply to message #6007] Wed, 26 October 2011 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

Looking forward to your utube. As to the rhythm/ timing; don't beat your self up as the majority of us spent ages just to get CB sorted. Relax, find your inner rhythm through your breath; reward will follow with practice.

Happy didjing
Re: How long did it take you to CB? [message #6010 is a reply to message #6009] Thu, 27 October 2011 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RoJo is currently offline  RoJo
Hi Doctordidge. Here is a short clip I posted on youtube, it is a minute long. Just me attempting to circular breath, nothing super fancy or awesome Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1YVLCY6ZbE

I hope you like it.

Rob
Re: How long did it take you to CB? [message #6011 is a reply to message #6010] Thu, 27 October 2011 17:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For the limited time you have been playing; you seem to be mastering the CB pretty well. Keep it up. Razz
icon12.gif  Re: How long did it take you to CB? [message #6014 is a reply to message #5943] Mon, 14 November 2011 19:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SerapisBei is currently offline  SerapisBei

just watched a video on youtube of a british man who explain the method with water... took me about 3 hours of continious failure... theN realized that I was made for it!
Re: How long did it take you to CB? [message #6016 is a reply to message #6014] Fri, 18 November 2011 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Who is the British man? I may know him. Regardless, are you CB'ing?
Re: How long did it take you to CB? [message #6018 is a reply to message #6016] Wed, 23 November 2011 17:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

yes! I'm already CB'ing... I think his name on youtube is "IDIDJUK"
Re: How long did it take you to CB? [message #6022 is a reply to message #6018] Thu, 24 November 2011 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi there

His name is Bear; really nice guy - ex policeman. I often see him at festivals. He is passionate about didge and its origins.
Re: How long did it take you to CB? [message #6025 is a reply to message #6022] Thu, 24 November 2011 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

ohh! that's simply awesome!
Re: How long did it take you to CB? [message #6127 is a reply to message #6025] Mon, 09 December 2013 18:22 Go to previous message
howdydave
I have seen a similar sample...

Twisting a straw and breath while you blow bubbles into a glass of water.
This method is taught by Grahm Doe.

[Updated on: Tue, 10 December 2013 01:27] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Determining the key
Next Topic: Vocalizing Tones
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 18 21:53:38 CDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02723 seconds

© Didjshop.com, 1993-2012. For rights reserved and granted see our Copyright notice.