Didjshop Forum
All about didgeridoos and didj-related topics

Home » Didjshop Forum » Sound Healing » Didge and Sound Healing
Re: Didge and Sound Healing [message #116 is a reply to message #112] Wed, 26 May 2004 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Ironleaves is currently offline  Ironleaves
Hällö,

well, if I say no playing techniques, I actually mean little. Because to me, compared to when I play a drum set or congas, gongs seem relatively 'easy and user-friendly' to play.

For the didge, once a solid tone and the circular breathing are achieved, it all depends how much virtuosity you want to develop playing it. This does not only depend on your ability to learn techniques, but also on your creative talents and your musicality.

That virtuosity part is a tricky thing in music, especially in playing instruments.
Any music teacher will have to admit, that often some of his students try very very hard, but they don't have a great amount of creative talent and will never be great players, while the same teacher would probably complain about the more creative students, because after the initial enthousiasm, they usually take things rather easy.
And with musicality it's actually worse, because you have it, or you don't, one can't really learn that.

Namasté

Namaste
Nada Brahma - Sono Ergo Sum

[Updated on: Fri, 28 May 2004 03:46]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon10.gif
Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message icon12.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Next Topic: Remote sound healing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 16:11:51 CDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05251 seconds

© Didjshop.com, 1993-2012. For rights reserved and granted see our Copyright notice.