Didjshop Forum
All about didgeridoos and didj-related topics

Home » Didjshop Forum » Sound Healing » The Didj and infrasound...
The Didj and infrasound... [message #1380] Wed, 17 August 2005 03:24 Go to previous message
lunartick is currently offline  lunartick
Hi,

Firstly, I must admit to being a skeptic about the magic healing powers of the didj and see it more as just a musical instrument, that is, apart from the definate benefits in breathing and oxygen levels occuring in the body from playing it, (for asthma etc) I don't think anyone can question that!)

But I recently have been looking into 'infrasound' these are sound frequencies below 20hz, that are know to have direct effects on the brain and body, one known peculiar feature of infrasound (at around 19Hz) is that it can induce religious feelings and feelings of 'someone watching you' even feelings of terror, this effect has been linked to Ghost sightings in old houses where large corridors it turns out, resonate nicley at around 19Hz!! (due to the airflow from draughs etc). It has even been reproduced in the lab, and is well documented, there are also some reports of beneficial effects of infrasound.

I am wondering if infrasound would be produced by a didj? since there are many hundreds of overtones and wierd harmonics going on I wouldn't be supprised if they were. Does anyone know of any research that has been done into this aspect of the didj?, its very difficult to measure infrasound, so I suspect that not too many people have ever tried to measure it!

of course to produce a didge that resonated at 19hz you would need something many many hundreds of meters long, but there could be harmonics going on, that resonate down that low in a normal didj, could there not?

Just a thought!

Best,
Mark Ford

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Hello and the Didg saved my life
Next Topic: Didj healing philosophy
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 10:33:34 CDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02381 seconds

© Didjshop.com, 1993-2012. For rights reserved and granted see our Copyright notice.