Didjshop Forum
All about didgeridoos and didj-related topics

Home » Didjshop Forum » Sound Healing » Didj healing philosophy
Didj healing philosophy [message #1754] Tue, 18 October 2005 13:10 Go to previous message
Shayne is currently offline  Shayne
ello,

I first witnessed a didj healing at a music festival in Canmore AB, in the heart of the Rockies. A few days prior i had just bought a didj and was in the process of learning to circular breathe. At first, i had no idea what this man with the didjeridoo was doing to the man laying sprawlled out on the earth in the middle of a folk music festival. To tell the truth, i thought it was rather strange at the time. Now, 2-3 years later, after copiuous time with the didj and study of religious practice around the earth, i have come to realize a few things about what is ACTUALLY taking place.

The living ether surrounding the healer and the one being healed must first travel through the the healer before it travels through the didj and into the body/spirit of the one being healed. During this process, the heartbeat of the healer pumps the blood that is enriched with the oxygen contained in the air the healer inhales while creating the didj vibrational tones. When healing, it is very important that the air surrounding the healing is pure; obviously the most prefered place would be with nature and away from the immidiate pollution of the city and traffic. Also, the purity of the blood is essential here. If the blood is impure, whether by alcohol or other illicit substance, the purity of the breath is contaminated and will not have the same potential to deliver an honest healing.

I believe it is important for the healer to choose a naturesque environment and the healer must be pure him/herself. If the intermediary between the purity of nature (the healer) is impure, the purity of the environment will be tainted through transmission.

Think of dominos. the first domino is nature, that domino falls, hits the following domino (the didj healer) and the momentum of the first domino continues to topple the third domino (the one being healed). If the healer is impure it would be as if the second domino became very heavy and did not topple when the first domino (nature) attempted to tranfer its momentum.

pure environment + pure healer = a safe transfer of natures healing energy.

theres alot more to healing i haven't mentioned, like how it can be incorporated with the Kundalini understanding of chakra power centers, as well as the intentions and the pre-established religious beliefs of the healer and the one to be healed, but these are things im still trying to figure out.

Anyone have anything to add to these ideas or others that may be related? I'd be glad to hear!! the beauty of global communication is how it allows human beings to link their experience cross-culturally to obtain a more holistic understanding of our shared existential situation on this lonely planet

peace

-shayne

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: The Didj and infrasound...
Next Topic: Mark Atkin's on Healing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 05:07:38 CDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04666 seconds

© Didjshop.com, 1993-2012. For rights reserved and granted see our Copyright notice.