Didjshop Forum
All about didgeridoos and didj-related topics

Home » Didjshop Forum » Sound Healing » Didj healing philosophy
Re: Didj healing philosophy [message #1770 is a reply to message #1754] Sat, 22 October 2005 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
RawFoodGuy is currently offline  RawFoodGuy
Hi Shayne,

In my experience, didj healing is more about the "vibrational" sound and energy than the "ether" or oxygen associated with didj playing. Though it is a great breathing exercise at one level, it isn't the air that transmits the healing energy, but more the intent and energy of the healer. It is similar in that sense to doing healing with your hands. The intent, as you say, is important, as well as any belief systems of the player and, more importantly, the person being healed - they have to let the energy in at some levels. At a physical level, sound itself can have some healing qualities, but the didj in my experience goes beyond just that when played with respect and prayerfully. Though it is very very nice to play and heal in an idealized natural environment, which I do as often as I can, it isn't necessary in my experience. The didj itself creates a soundscape or environment wherever you play it respectfully and prayerfully.

I wouldn't obsess so much over the purity of the player. I don't think we are able to judge that, especially in ourselves. That is a huge judgement call - who is impure, what is impure. Is anyone living in the body and in the world "pure?" The didj and purity of your intent is more important than the purity of your body. I know didj players who smoke. God knows why! But I wouldn't judge them as impure. I have met healers that are grossly overwieght and unhealthy, whose hands perform magic. I just can't judge that. The healing energy is something sacred that isn't stopped by any percieved impurities. On the contrary, the didj I think tends to purify whomever is playing as well as the person being healed. Sometimes I get more by doing a healing than the person I am working on.

I think of it like a channel or pipe. The flow of water may be easier and faster with a clear channel, but a few rocks or impurities in the channel doesn't stop the water, it flows right over them and remains pure. In the case of water, as water perculates up through rocks and earth underground, these "blocks" may slow the water of such a natural spring, but they also purify the water and remove many pollutants, while adding important minerals. So I just prefer not to judge things at that level. In fact, not judging is important to the healing itself, both healer and the person being healed. I think for myself it is important that I don't judge myself, or I would never be good enough Smile And it is important not to judge the person you are working on, because that definately affects (though doesn't completely stop) the healing flow.

I suggest that you just play the didj and let your playing guide you. I try to tune into the person I am playing for before doing the healing, by praying out loud or silently depending on the sensibilities of the person. I can "feel" the energy and the person's individual healing "song" just comes though. The song usually starts at the feet where I may linger for a few moments until it crystalizes then works its way up usually lingering over the chakras. The song may change from chackra to chakra, especially if it encounters any dis-ease, and the tune may change for each chakra or dis-ease location or organ. It can get very rhytmic in style, especially for punching through blocks, but usually ends up around the head and over the crown chakra in a more meditative drone.

Anyway, that's just my own experience. Hope it helps. I also have a page on my Raw Food website I wrote awhile back on didj healing at http://www.rawfoodlife.com/didjeridoo.htm

Good luck with your healing and playing!

Bob Ross
AIM: RawFoodGuy
Email: Robert@RawFoodLife.com

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: The Didj and infrasound...
Next Topic: Mark Atkin's on Healing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 08:18:09 CDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02365 seconds

© Didjshop.com, 1993-2012. For rights reserved and granted see our Copyright notice.