Didjshop Forum
All about didgeridoos and didj-related topics

Home » Didjshop Forum » Sound Healing » Didj healing philosophy
Re: Didj healing philosophy [message #1804 is a reply to message #1770] Wed, 26 October 2005 12:41 Go to previous message
Shayne is currently offline  Shayne
Raw Food Guy,

Thank you for your comments. I think you are verily right when you say "not judging is important to the healing itself." It is a big judgement to say who and what is pure and impure. I have been attending many Native American Healing ceremonies and Bodily purity, the absence of alcohol and/or drugs, is an absolutely vital part of the ceremony. One has to be clean of these things at least four days before the ceremony. As you know, the Native American way is as varient as the tribes contained therein and so this approach is only one of many. the peyote groups may claim that they are purer while travelling that trip because it links them with the spiritual realm. The group i have come to know are the Blackfoot and they rely on fasting and other austerities to alter consciousness and thus 'break on through' as our beloved friend Jim used to sing. So, WHat i'm trying to say is that i agree with your ideas about purity and about judgment. It seems as though judgment would probably be a worse healing impediment than bodily purity because it disrupts the meditative intent of the healer and the healed.
Peace to yah

-shayne

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: The Didj and infrasound...
Next Topic: Mark Atkin's on Healing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 17:53:20 CDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02365 seconds

© Didjshop.com, 1993-2012. For rights reserved and granted see our Copyright notice.