Didjshop Forum
All about didgeridoos and didj-related topics

Home » Didjshop Forum » Sound Healing » Mark Atkin's on Healing
Mark Atkin's on Healing [message #1884] Mon, 14 November 2005 13:55 Go to previous message
Shayne is currently offline  Shayne
Hey,

I was cruising the net and found this quote by a well-known aboriginal didj player and artist. I wonder what you fellas think about what this man had to say:

"In our workshops we occasionally encounter players who have been playing for a couple of years that call themselves didjeridu healers. We're asked questions like "Can you teach us about healing with the didjeridu like some of the non-Aboriginal teachers are doing" or " Why don't you heal with the didjeridu? "While we believe these individuals are sincere in their inquiries we find ourselves in the unfortunate and awkward position of having to clean-up the cultural mess left behind by the non-Aboriginal teachers/performers who are parading around as gurus of the didjeridu and Aboriginal cultural knowledge. "

-shayne

It seems I have to stress again saying that we will not allow the mentioning of competitor websites!
So please ...........

Bonzo

[Updated on: Tue, 06 December 2005 09:36] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Didj healing philosophy
Next Topic: Syncronised didj healing for Bonzo
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 15:48:17 CDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05651 seconds

© Didjshop.com, 1993-2012. For rights reserved and granted see our Copyright notice.