Didjshop Forum
All about didgeridoos and didj-related topics

Home » Didjshop Forum » General Didj Issues » Recording Didge Music
Recording Didge Music [message #2207] Sat, 10 December 2005 10:44
White Knight is currently offline  White Knight
Ok, JKon380 (Jason) mentioned he needed to find a good set-up for recording didge music in another post. This won't apply to everyone, but I believe Jason uses an Apple Macintosh, as do I. So this is from a Mac software point of view, but someone on a PC may be more knowledgeable than I for recommending a decent microphone or other hardware.

This is my setup. Purchased with many recommendations from others doing Mac based home and demo recording.

-GarageBand (by Apple, comes with the iLife suite that ships with new Macs or can be purchased separate) $79 (US)

-Behringer Eurorack UB802 Mixer $49 (US)

-Microphone (Shure SM58 is a great one for about $100, but I bought an Audio-Technica DR-VX1 package with stand for $20)

Here is a sample of this setup with me playing around on a slide didge. This just goes to prove you can have a decent set-up, and still sound bad! Please don't mistake this for good playing. Not even my best effort, just a quick attemp to show a recorded sample. Didn't even keep the drone going through the whole thing. Oh well, this will give me a good laugh in a year from now! It's fun circular breathing, sliding the didge, and trying not to sound too pathedic!

Oh yeah, this was done with no effects or sounds adjustments. But the above set-up allows for tons of recording options: multi-tracks per song, software instruments, 2 microphones at once, effects, loops, etc. Lots of fun.

Allan

Read Message
Previous Topic: Is website linking to competitors needed?
Next Topic: Health of the didjeridu market
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 20 12:28:30 CDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02376 seconds

© Didjshop.com, 1993-2012. For rights reserved and granted see our Copyright notice.