Didjshop Forum
All about didgeridoos and didj-related topics

Home » Didjshop Forum » Sound Healing » Mark Atkin's on Healing
Re: Mark Atkin's on Healing [message #2352 is a reply to message #2122] Fri, 23 December 2005 18:27 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Shayne is currently offline  Shayne
the interesting thing about that quote is that it kind of bashes the sort of vibrational didj healing that most non-australian Aborigines perform. The sort that most of us on here perform. The issue i wanted to get at with bringing his quote on here was this

now that the didj has far exceeded its cultural origin and, in a sense, taken a life of its own within the global community, is it disrespectful to traditional australian aboriginal culture to use it for such activities like healing (which the Aborigines are known for doing) if in these activities there is absolutely no incorporation of abroriginal traditional culture?

Maybe this is quite whati mean. But when i read thatmark atkins quote, i was a little embarassed because, although by no means do i consider my self a didj guru, i began experimenting with vibrational healing and didn't really incorporate any trad aussie Aborigine culture. i think this issue is what mark has a problem with.

it might be the equivalent scenerio if the eagle wing of native american religiosity was taken out of context in the global community and there were traditional Amerindian peoples accusing those who used the eagle wing without consideration or incorporation of trad Amerindian culture of being self-righteous pretentious "wanna-be's."

what do you guys think?

-shayne

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Didj healing philosophy
Next Topic: Syncronised didj healing for Bonzo
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 13:16:35 CDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02424 seconds

© Didjshop.com, 1993-2012. For rights reserved and granted see our Copyright notice.