Didjshop Forum
All about didgeridoos and didj-related topics

Home » Didjshop Forum » Sound Healing » Mark Atkin's on Healing
Re: Mark Atkin's on Healing (my 2 cents worth) [message #2386 is a reply to message #2380] Thu, 29 December 2005 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
ducpao is currently offline  ducpao
I'm with McKenzie on this one...

I think our friend(the source of the quote) has a mistaken impression, and that is that the new age didge healers are running around acting like they have expertise with aboriginal didge healing (this is typically strictly guarded, secret tribal knowledge as I understand). True, there may be some that openly do, and shame on them, for they are misrepresenting themselves, and thus are true scorn-worthy charlatans. I think the vast majority of "didge healers" are westerners that don't and aren't pretending to hold some kind of aboriginal knowledge.

I think that there is a responsibility that western vibrational healers need to aware of, however. People in the general public will tend to make the assumption that "didge player/healer"="aboriginal cultural representative". If you, as a player and healer don't make a disclaimer about that, you risk the wrong impression being made. What you are laying down is not as important as what people are picking up, so tell them you are not representing the aboriginal culture in what you do..

I think the responsibility for keeping things "crystal-clear" lies with the player/healer (which really shouldn't be a problem for any crystal-toting new-ager worth their vibrational frequency) Laughing .

Keep making strange sounds,

Doug

In Los Angeles, Ca.

[Updated on: Thu, 29 December 2005 15:18]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Didj healing philosophy
Next Topic: Syncronised didj healing for Bonzo
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 10:49:48 CDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02436 seconds

© Didjshop.com, 1993-2012. For rights reserved and granted see our Copyright notice.