Didjshop Forum
All about didgeridoos and didj-related topics

Home » Didjshop Forum » General Didj Issues » Recording setup?
icon5.gif  Recording setup? [message #2393] Fri, 30 December 2005 14:12 Go to previous message
JKon380 is currently offline  JKon380
I know that the members here on the forum seem fairly adept at recording, and it is a direction that I am interesting in more and more these days, both from the position of creativity and expression, as well as archival recording.

What is your setup?

Here's my setup: AT2021 condenser mic----> Behringer UB802 mixer---> Sony MZ-900 portable MD recorder---> Creative Labs SoundBlaster SC run on Dell 3.8 Ghz running Windows XP.

All post-production is done using CakeWalk for fading, noise reduction, track marking, reverb, etc. I have also been experimenting using: my stealth AT853 cardioid taping mics (plug in power)----> Sound Professionals battery module with gain adjuster/bass roll-off filter---> MZ-900 MD recorder.

This was my concert taping rig, so everything needed to be small and portable, but the addition of the mixer/phantom power required that I utilize XLR connections over mini-plug. And that of course meant a larger mic.

For anyone looking for portable high-quality taping equipment, check out http://www.soundprofessionals.com . These guys REALLY know what they are doing when it comes to doing live recording.

Best,
Jason

Jason

[Updated on: Fri, 30 December 2005 14:14]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Health of the didjeridu market
Next Topic: Didge and voice
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 20 09:03:25 CDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.11876 seconds

© Didjshop.com, 1993-2012. For rights reserved and granted see our Copyright notice.