Didjshop Forum
All about didgeridoos and didj-related topics

Home » Didjshop Forum » Sound Healing » Mark Atkin's on Healing
Re: Mark Atkin's on Healing (my 2 cents worth) [message #2407 is a reply to message #2386] Sat, 31 December 2005 18:18 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Shayne is currently offline  Shayne
"People in the general public will tend to make the assumption that "didge player/healer"="aboriginal cultural representative". If you, as a player and healer don't make a disclaimer about that, you risk the wrong impression being made."

Very true. It is the resposibility of the didj player/healer to clarify this issue with the recipient because if s/he does not, the ignorant perception of the general public will, more than likely, stupify and develop inaccurate assumptions about traditional Australian Aboriginal culture. I've seen some of these self-proclaimed didj guru's walking around raves with their fanciful yidaki's conducting vibrational healing sessions with smacked out trippers and in this context, i agree with some of Atkin's comments. However, there are those who are honestly interested in the healing qualities of the didj and do not dress or view themselves as "didj guru's" but rather, wish to explore the potential of the instrument. Every didj player/fan, whether acqauinted with trad Aborigine culture or not agrees that there is something about the didj that resonates with all who listen. Considering such i think it's alright to extend the didj from the Aborigine culture into the contemporary material world because it may serve as a cure to some of the paradigmatic illnesses pervading throughout. Although it may generate ignorance among the mass consciousness of the material brigade, i think the didj is necessary in the world today. The "establishment," as the beatniks and 60's kids used to refer to the matrix we live in, will continue to be ignorant about integrated cultural items and/or practices of a foreign land no matter how many precautions we take to educate people about the didj. We've just gatta keep keepin on and do the best we can as non-Aborigine didj players to represent the instrument accurately to those who are unfamilar with its origins.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Didj healing philosophy
Next Topic: Syncronised didj healing for Bonzo
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 09:04:21 CDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02448 seconds

© Didjshop.com, 1993-2012. For rights reserved and granted see our Copyright notice.