Didjshop Forum
All about didgeridoos and didj-related topics

Home » Didjshop Forum » Sound Healing » Sound healing novice
Re: Sound healing novice [message #4031 is a reply to message #4030] Thu, 26 October 2006 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Shayne is currently offline  Shayne
It was nice to hear what you fella's had to say. I am glad that the topic of discussing the contraversial issues of the didj is at least sparking interest in those of you who have shared your thoughts. Although it seems those who have responded to the question do not share my opinion that we should discuss some of these things online, I am still of the opinion that we should and if not, we should at least talk about why not. Censorship in this sense, is, in my opinion, an over-romancing of the globalized didj community. Maybe none of us in here dabble in that which i am unable to speak of according to policy, but there definately are those that do. For reason that are just as much a part of "the global didj community" as we are, they represent us as we represent them. Therefore, we should not ignore or shuffle aside the issue. To do so would be adding to the problem by not raising awareness about the problem. Those dabbling didj players dabble not because they wish to consciously disrespect the Aboriginal heritage of the instrument, but because they simply are unaware of what they are doing. For us, as respectful members of the globalized didj community, to not discuss it is to add to the lack of awareness which causes the problem in the first place.

Shayne

Please see the the edited response to your original message

[Updated on: Fri, 27 October 2006 10:29] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Syncronised didj healing for Bonzo
Next Topic: Migrane Therapy
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 03:33:18 CDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04882 seconds

© Didjshop.com, 1993-2012. For rights reserved and granted see our Copyright notice.