Didjshop Forum
All about didgeridoos and didj-related topics

Home » Didjshop Forum » Sound Healing » Didge and Sound Healing
Re: Didge and Sound Healing [message #405 is a reply to message #5] Sat, 01 January 2005 08:59 Go to previous message
RawFoodGuy is currently offline  RawFoodGuy
Hi,

I agree with you about didjshop - I just discovered this terrific place to connect with like spirits!

Speaking of spirit, I have been doing didj healing for years, since the day I got my first didjeridoo! I couldn'e even circular breath yet. It came as naturally to me as, well, breathing! The didj focuses my own healing energy and spirit, at least in my experience (check out my website (below) for more on that).

For healing I play a Dreamtime Pipe - an agave didjeridoo made by an agave master like no other, Alan Shockley.
Beleive it or not, though I have a preference for natural materials, I think PVC makes a very nice, resonant and light healing didj, especially if you make it yourself with a meditational and reverent attitude during the process. I like to decorate the PVC so it looks more natural of course. After sanding to roughen the surface, I use that artifical "stone" spray on coating to give the didj a natural texture and color (at most hardware stores) then paint the didj in my own style.

Dreamtime Pipes are wonderfully resonant and lightweight didjeridoos. I find the key of D is ideal for healing. I play intuitively, and in my personal subjective experience I am "channeling" energy, similar to other forms as healing like Reiki. The energy and "spirit" of the player are as important, or more so, than the actual physicial sound I believe. So "where you are at" or intention is more important than your technical skill with the didj. My healing "songs" seem to be more rythmic than meditational, depending on the area or chakra been focused upon. I cam play very strong and loud (rarely), for "punching through" certain blockages to soft and droning for a more peaceful meditational energy. There are no rules...just let the didj inspire you! For me, inspired by indigenous people world wide, especial Native American, I like to say a prayer before I do a healing (just to myself), and smudge or purify myself and the didj first. But you can find your own way, inspired by this beautiful instrument and the Aboriginal culture that shares it with us.

Happy New Year!

Bob Ross
AIM: RawFoodGuy
Email: Robert@RawFoodLife.com

[Updated on: Sun, 02 January 2005 05:13] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon10.gif
Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message icon12.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Next Topic: Remote sound healing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 06:02:45 CDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02679 seconds

© Didjshop.com, 1993-2012. For rights reserved and granted see our Copyright notice.