Didjshop Forum
All about didgeridoos and didj-related topics

Home » Didjshop Forum » Sound Healing » Vibrational healing
Re: Vibrational healing [message #483 is a reply to message #477] Mon, 10 January 2005 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
RawFoodGuy is currently offline  RawFoodGuy
Legolas,
I don't think it decreases the potency of the didj to talk about how we are inspired, influenced and benefited by it. It could even enhance it when done with respect.

I think that concern refers more to the dilution of Aboriginal culture by over commercialization and lack of respect. I believe it is essential to respect and acknowledge the Aaboriginal cultures that inspire our relationship with the didjeridoo.

In America, Native Americans call non-indians trying to become indians members of the Wannabe Tribe (want to be). Of course, a sincere person who truly has a heartfelt appreciation and desire to learn and be part of a native culture is usually accepted - that is in fact a traditional thing to do in many native cultures. Some serious didj players, like my friend (whom I have not seen in way too long) Randy Graves for example, may even be adopted into Aboriginal families, given Aboriginal names and family relationships.

Here is a good article on didj healing by Randy Graves:
http://www.didgeridoings.com/Philosophy/Graves.html
We will make an exception on this excellent article and permit this link (Bonzo)

A Google search on Randy Graves will give you lots more interesting stuff, including the link to what I think are probably the best insdtructional CD's on didj playinng, from beginner to real serious player (I did some workshops with him when he was developing these techniques and he is an awesome teacher):
http://www.gingerroot.com/catalog/didjcompanion.htm#dc

Regards,

Bob Ross
AIM: RawFoodGuy
Email: Robert@RawFoodLife.com

[Updated on: Thu, 13 January 2005 06:09] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: difference with a simple didj and an healing didj?
Next Topic: Hello and the Didg saved my life
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 18:53:24 CDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05111 seconds

© Didjshop.com, 1993-2012. For rights reserved and granted see our Copyright notice.