Didjshop Forum
All about didgeridoos and didj-related topics

Home » Didjshop Forum » Sound Healing » Do you snore after playing didgeridoo?
Re: Do you snore after playing didgeridoo? [message #5410 is a reply to message #5409] Sat, 22 November 2008 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
talidari is currently offline  talidari
Thanx for your feedback.
For some reason it works for some and not the other. I really would like to find out what makes the difference. I would appreciate if you told me how long you play didgeridoo.

Snoring is created by fluttering movements of the soft palate and of the uvula. Maybe with given more time the tissues of your upper airways will get stronger, and not flutter any more, and cause snoring.

I know that there are more causes of snoring, so all of them couldn't be resolved with making the soft palate and the uvula stronger (through playing didgeridoo or operation).
Here are some of the causes of snoring that I suppose playing didgeridoo can't help:

- mispositioned jaw, often caused by tension in the muscles

- swollen adenoids and tonsils that block the airways

- fat gathering in and around the throat, due to obesity - being overweight leads to excessive neck tissue that puts pressure on the airways

- obstruction in the nasal passageway, distorted nasal septum, nasal congestion from colds or allergies - in some cases playing didj can resolve it, in same cases not

- alcohol over-consumption slackens the palate, causing it to vibrate more

Please, in addition with telling me how long you play didgeridoo, could you also answer me if you fit any of the above listed categories that might cause you not to reap results from playing didgeridoo. Or maybe there is another reason for your snoring that is not listed above, and you know what it is?

I really appreciate you feedback.
Thank you and best regards,
natalija

Talidari
www.talidari.net

[Updated on: Sat, 22 November 2008 12:01]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: question....
Next Topic: I'm doing a sleep study tonight....
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 04:38:12 CDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04456 seconds

© Didjshop.com, 1993-2012. For rights reserved and granted see our Copyright notice.