Didjshop Forum
All about didgeridoos and didj-related topics

Home » Didjshop Forum » Sound Healing » Sound healing novice
Re: Sound healing novice [message #5429 is a reply to message #3203] Sat, 06 December 2008 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
DaGip is currently offline  DaGip
JKon380 wrote on Wed, 19 April 2006 08:15

I really don't subscribe much to the notion of sound healing with didgeridoo, but if it works for you, then I'm all for it.

I will say this: playing the didj onto parts of the body is a new-age concept. The science behind it is barely started, and I imagine that the deep vibrations of the drone might do something to, say, loosen mucus from a congested chest. If you enjoy sound healing with the didgeridoo, that's great. But don't justify it to anything Aboriginal-take responsibility for it yourself.

Let me say that I used to be a complete skeptic of didj healing, and the first time I had heard of it was when I was in Hawaii. I kept meeting people who kept telling me that I could give "didj massage". It sounded so bizarre, I felt very awkward playing over people, especially over genitalia, but I would play over people if they asked, and I never asked for money, but people were willing to pay me...strange.

I really didn't think that much of didj healing, more like you do with your "whatever floats your boat" philosophy. The main thing was that I enjoyed to play didj all the time, and if someone wanted me to play over them, then that was fine. I was going to play anyway, and if they believed it would help them in some way, what does it hurt?

Then once I was walking to the grocery store, and this hippie lady stops and asks if I would be willing to play over a friend of hers that couldn't walk or stand because of a recent stroke. I said I would as long as he was okay with it. What would it hurt, right?

So I get to the gentleman's house and he is sitting in the front yard on a lawn chair. The hippie lady introduces me.

I tell the man what I was going to do, that I would start playing directly above his head and bring it down his neck and down his right arm and leg where he was paralyzed.

I thought to myself,"This is just crazy..."

I started playing above the man's crown chakra, and almost immediately he was starting to raise his right arm above his head. The hippie lady kept telling him to breath and to keep moving his arm.

When I started moving my didj down his neck towards his shoulders, there seemed to be some type of pressure that was trying to keep me from playing, kind of like an invisible hand that was covering the end of my didj to shut me up. Later I learned that this is called "blockage"...if there is another name for this phenomena, I would be glad to hear about it from someone.

I kept playing over and over that area until I could play clearly and I kept moving down his arm and down his back again and down his leg, and right away he stood up and was lifting his leg up.

After experiencing that, I thought that there must be something to it. I smashed my finger one night at a party in the desert by the Grand Canyon, and there was a fellow didj player there. My finger nail was smashed pretty good, and it felt like it was going to fall off for sure! The pain was so bad that I asked the didj player to play over it, and he said he would. The pain began to ease up right away and completely disappeared, and my finger nail never fell off.

I played over my sister's hurt back once too, and she said that it helped.

I really think there is something to the vibrations and frequency of the didj that can stimulate cell repair. I would be very interested to hear from anyone else that has had a similar experience with stroke victims and didj healing.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Syncronised didj healing for Bonzo
Next Topic: Migrane Therapy
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 12:30:18 CDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02459 seconds

© Didjshop.com, 1993-2012. For rights reserved and granted see our Copyright notice.