Didjshop Forum
All about didgeridoos and didj-related topics

Home » Didjshop Forum » Sound Healing » didj healing and animals
Re: didj healing and animals [message #5707 is a reply to message #5463] Tue, 20 October 2009 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
ppinny is currently offline  ppinny
Hi there,

i just joined up for the specific purpose of finding out about the Didj's effect on animals after some interesting reactions from our new houseamate.
I have a (i know!) plastic sliding didj! I have others but i use this one to play along sometimes as you can tune it. Also i play a Persian Tonbak drum which is made for a dry climate,,,but i live in the humid tropics and its really hard to get the drum dry enough to sound right so it's always "pitchy", and it's untunable ...hence the drain pipe didj!

Back to our little man. Skip is a young male Tayra, which is a bit like an otter or a ferret, black, lives mostly in trees etc. He's very sweet but madly energetic and a bit bitey. He's a rescued wild animal and very hard work!

I started playing the didj to him a couple of weeks back to see if it would chill him out a bit. He's a baby and overenthusiastic in his play, which amounts to a variety of biting, attack, chase and run games. When he gets overtired he gets a bit manic. He chilled dramatically to the sound, laying right near the end, sometimes putting his head in the end. Over the next two weeks he still chilled but a bit less dramatically. (I've only done it 5 or 6 times as he's not too hectic too often!)

Tonight he was a bit frantic so i played the didj, fully extended, (he seems to prefer the drone alone)! He chilled a bit and after a couple of minutes i closed the didj up about half way and played for a while. He was still pretty cool but moving around. After a few minutes i closed the didj nearly up tight and he went BALLISTIC! He bit me and my partner badly , made a really scary noise we had not heard before, attacked the didj etc. Picture the garden hose pipe that got away... with a small buzz saw at the end and you'll get the idea! We wrapped Skip up in a blanket and removed the didj. He settled in a few minutes and soon dropped off to sleep, but he had scared us fully!

Seems like the didj is a very powerful instrument (we knew that!) but maybe you could do a lot of harm with it as well as good, if you don't know what you are doing!

Anyone have any similar experiences or observations?

We shared our lives with a baby Raccoon and a baby Nightwalker, (nocturnal monkey) before this fellow but neither had a strong reaction to the didj.

Thanks if you made it this far!!

Paul and Sarah ( yes.....alright, and Skip, obviously!)

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: I'm doing a sleep study tonight....
Next Topic: Where have all the dideridooers gone? Paulb?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 00:39:19 CDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02390 seconds

© Didjshop.com, 1993-2012. For rights reserved and granted see our Copyright notice.