Didjshop Forum
All about didgeridoos and didj-related topics

Home » Didjshop Forum » Sound Healing » Didj Healing
Re: Didj Healing [message #6084 is a reply to message #6056] Mon, 24 September 2012 01:55 Go to previous message
Nataraja
Hello,
I don't know much about any theories around didge healing, but I do have experience on playing on people. In my work as a therapist I use didge as a mode of relaxation. I do both small groups and individuals. I don't claim to be healing illnesses or doing anything specific. I mostly play through peopleĀ“s feet and around their bodies and to some degree on specific areas based on my intuitive sense.

Through playing on a lot of people with pain problems, brain injuries and multitude of other physical conditions I have found a few things that seem pretty universal. The sound of the didge produces a deep relaxation. There has been a good number of people saying that they have never in their lives felt as relaxed as with the didge sound. Also even people that have much difficulty with relaxing say due to a pain in the body have found that they can move beyond the pain and experience their body in a slightly different way. Sometimes the sounds increases the pain, but nearly always it will ease after a short while. My sense is that the sound helps to align the body and the mind much like in a meditation practice and in that deeper state of relaxation the body has a chance to do what it knows best...to heal itself. So I don't feel so much that the sound itself is healing something, but more that it is facilitating the natural process in the body that is not normally happening because people are so stressed and incapable of sitting still and moving inward.

One thing that seems to happen with people is that they can experience more of the subtle bodies or a different aspect to their physical body through sound. Also it might send them off to a journey to experience more visionlike things.

I do at least a twenty minute session each time, because in that time the body has enough time to go through a cycle where it can rest deeply. This allows for the healing and stress release to occur.

For me personally playing didge in the setting with other people involved is a blessing. It is a moment where there can be a connection at a deeper level both in me and in the other people and I do experience that we are more in tune with the mother earth. Settling into her sound. I don't want to make things too cosmic, but there are all kinds of aspects to this.

I have no idea what the aboriginals have done with the didge and that is of interest to me. What I do is merely an experiment with my own intuition and love for the this wonderful instrument.

Nataraja

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: The Divine NOW: Conversations on Spirit & Mystics
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 00:35:50 CDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04764 seconds

© Didjshop.com, 1993-2012. For rights reserved and granted see our Copyright notice.