Didjshop Forum
All about didgeridoos and didj-related topics

Home » Didjshop Forum » Maintenance and Repair » Professional Didj Repair
Professional Didj Repair [message #579] Thu, 20 January 2005 21:32 Go to previous message
RawFoodGuy is currently offline  RawFoodGuy
Hi FOlks!

I was recently asked by a friend if she could refer someone to me to repair her didjeridoo mouthpiece. She told her friend that I was Doctor Didj! Which of course I am not, but I can probably repair many common didj problems, and the mouthpiece is easy.

The question is, since I don't know this person (I would probalby not charge a friend), should I charge her something and if so, how much? What is the going rate these days for didj repair. For that matter, what do people charge for playing situations or anything like that?

Synchronistically, the same day I was asked this I found a brand new wax warmer at a thrift shop on sale for 50% off. I got it for $5 (regularly $35 in stores). It is designed to melt wax for hair removal, but I am going to try it for natural bees wax. I usually use a double-boiler arrangement - a tuna can in a pot of boiling water, but it is still a bit messy. The wax warmer has a temperature control, so I am hoping that I will be able to maintain constant temperatures, and find the right temp to keep the beeswax the perfect consistency, whether fully melted for dipping the end of a didj in or just a bit soft for molding into a mouthpiece. The range of some others online is a maximum temperature of 75C or 167F, so I think it should be OK. Of course, the boiling water I usually use is 212 degrees Fahrenheit (100 degrees centigrade). So it remains to be seen if bees wax melts at the same temperature as bikini (parafin?) wax Smile

I know you will all be waiting on pins and needles to find out!

index.php?t=getfile&id=61
My new Wax Warmer...and as a side benefit, now I can do bikini waxing! Embarassed

Regards,

Bob Ross
AIM: RawFoodGuy
Email: Robert@RawFoodLife.com

[Updated on: Thu, 20 January 2005 21:39]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Finishing the inside - yes or no
Next Topic: Rattle Inside
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 18 01:57:27 CDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.19414 seconds

© Didjshop.com, 1993-2012. For rights reserved and granted see our Copyright notice.