Didjshop Forum
All about didgeridoos and didj-related topics

Home » Didjshop Forum » General Didj Issues » Instant messenger in the forum
Re: Instant messenger in the forum [message #2183 is a reply to message #2181] Fri, 09 December 2005 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Bonzo is currently offline  Bonzo
Wow, this needs some carefully thinking in how to express myself.
I believe you guys have already came-up with the correct answers .... Very Happy
This Forum was started to give the Didjshop visitors a place to exchange information, knowledge and experience. To ask and answer the questions of other didge lovers.

Due to the fact that a Forum (it's contents that is) can also cause damage to the carefully build-up good image of the Didjshop we like to have an as good as possible control system on this same Forum.
One way of loosing control would be an Instant Messenger (IM) ...... Shocked
We can't control the traffic on such a IM.
On the other hand an IM will also cause the lost of a lot of the information expelled between members for the visitors who are not present at the time of the discussion.
For that reason we will not implement an IM in this Forum

On the other hand the Didjshop has created DIDJNET!
In Didjnet you can meet and greet other didge loving people!
If their ICQ number is given you can find them easel with any free messenger software available on the Internet.
For that reason this Forum is partly integrated into Didjnet.
With the same user ID / Password as used in Didjnet you can log in to this Forum. They use the same database.

I hope that you will understand that for those reasons an IM will not be an option for the Didjshop.
Sorry!

Bonzo

Moderator for this Forum
The blowing Dutchman
Creator of the Legend
General manager of observatory "B.M."
HomePage: Bonzo's Fabulous WebPages

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Next Topic: Name your favorite Didgeridoo CD
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 20 10:13:40 CDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04822 seconds

© Didjshop.com, 1993-2012. For rights reserved and granted see our Copyright notice.