Didjshop Forum
All about didgeridoos and didj-related topics

Home » Didjshop Forum » Aboriginal Issues » Didj discrimination?
Re: Didj discrimination? [message #230 is a reply to message #198] Tue, 05 October 2004 05:33 Go to previous message
Cajun Didgiman is currently offline  Cajun Didgiman
Didj playing friends,

Political discussions are something that I try my best NOT to participate in, especially on forums. For some strange reason (it seems) folks would much rather flame one another anonymously from behind a computer keyboard, than discuss issues and the root cause behind the differing view. This topic I will comment on however, because I feel that perhaps a different point of view might help all who read to see "both sides of the story".

I would like to see verification (not just a forum "cut and paste") of the David Hudson and Mark Atkins scenarios. Please don't misunderstand me, I'm not in the loupe on these issues but would like to be. Perhaps I'll drop David some email and ask him personally.

Many American voters will tell you that in some cases, government in our country is a case of "the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing". Granted, it's a true pity but this governmental faux pas is NOT indeginous to America. The tragic events of 9-11 have changed not just the USA, but the ENTIRE WORLD in many ways. Although I feel that the David Hudson and Mark Atkins issues are deplorable (IF in fact these two separate issues did happen), it's indicative of the hardline stance that the US government has been forced to take to protect her citizens. I also can clearly see though, the proverbial "going from point 'A' to point 'C' to get back to point 'B'".

Although there are things which I disagree with that the US government deems fit and good, on the whole I'm happy with the increased security that I'm seeing at US Customs Entry Points. If in fact blame should be placed in these separate issues, a stern finger should be pointed at the simplistic pencil pushing DOD Personel that filed David and Mark's travel visas. A stern finger should also be pointed at US Immigrations for NOT having to at least attempted verification with the American Embassy where the visa was applied for. I view this as a lack of proffesionalism on the part of the US Immigrations official who was obviously having a bad day and being a complete jerk about it.

These two separate, yet distasteful issues are a DIRECT result of 9-11 (which by the way cost the life of a dear friend of mine, she was on the first plane to hit the WTC buildings). But again, I think a "swift kick to the seat of the pants" is in order for the simpleton who pooched the entry visas.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Aborigine art (Raark painting)
Next Topic: Wanting to Help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 18 00:39:26 CDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.26703 seconds

© Didjshop.com, 1993-2012. For rights reserved and granted see our Copyright notice.