Didjshop Forum
All about didgeridoos and didj-related topics

Home » Didjshop Forum » General Didj Issues » Is website linking to competitors needed?
Re: Is website linking to competitors needed? [message #2225 is a reply to message #2205] Mon, 12 December 2005 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
JKon380 is currently offline  JKon380
Svargo:

Thanks for your input in this matter, because I think it brings us closer to some kind of resolution. However, I do raise objection to one particular point:

Quote:

And we do not want to spend our time to sort the good from the bad apples (specially since most are bad or very bad ones) so it is much simpler to have no links to any competitors.

While I do agree it would take resources to monitor the links, I believe your comment about 'most being bad' a bit misguided. My own recommendations for links are for reputable and well-respected importers and crafters here in the US who have a great respect for the Aboriginal people and WOULD NOT DARE pass off their own didjs as being Aboriginal. Rather, they have made their own statement in crafting didjs in non-traditional ways while being ever mindful of the cultural basis and history of this instrument and people i.e Tyler S./agave, Ben H./aspen and American hardwoods, Geoff F./yucca agave snake gourd, etc.

These individuals are amazing musicians and craftsmen whose presence only benefits the didj community, but I digress. Again, I don't mean to continue stoking the fire, only to provide some food for thought. You've enabled us a great resource to share our love for this instrument, and for that I am very grateful.

Best

Jason

[Updated on: Mon, 12 December 2005 16:39] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon4.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon4.gif
Read Message
Previous Topic: Didj cave painting?
Next Topic: Recording Didge Music
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 20 08:57:21 CDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06727 seconds

© Didjshop.com, 1993-2012. For rights reserved and granted see our Copyright notice.