Didjshop Forum
All about didgeridoos and didj-related topics

Home » Didjshop Forum » General Didj Issues » Is website linking to competitors needed?
icon4.gif  Re: Is website linking to competitors needed? [message #2236 is a reply to message #2226] Mon, 12 December 2005 17:56 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Svargo is currently offline  Svargo
Well folks, I hope this will answer all outstanding questions

1) Alan says: "Do you truly mean we can not mention them, or we simply can not post a link to their site?"
Yes, whether you have an active link or talk about "worst-didgeridoos.com" or even just "worst-didgeridoos" is no difference, anyone can immediately find the website, so the rule is that you need to word whatever you say so commercial didj websites are not easily recognisable (which does not mean you cannot mention them - see below)

2) Warnerr, we could be subject to defamation litigation if we would let you mention ripp-off websites here. But if you have any proof, please email me personally, we are collecting such evidence to hand to relevant authorities.

3) Jason says: "I believe your comment about 'most being bad' a bit misguided."
If you sincerely believe that most didj sellers on the net are "good", I dare to suggest you might be the one misguided - you'll be surprised how many crooks you can find in this industry and how little Aborigines get out of the millions made in it.
In our view (which we share with many Aborigines) anyone who makes any money out of didjes and does not return at least some of the profits to Aborigines is not really on the "good" side, no matter how much he respects or talks about Aborignes in his words.
Anyway the no-promotion rules apply even for Ben, Tyler and Geoff. The question is not whether they are respectable people with high ethics and respect for Aborignes or even return some profits (I don't know), but whether they sell didjes.
As you can see I have edited your post, Jason, to abbreviate their family names. This makes it much harder for them to be found in a search, but still identifies them for people in the know.
When posting to this forum, please do spend the extra minute to check for such details in respect for our Aborignal didj makers. Thanks

Last not least, please consider this: ten years ago we had 3-4 times as many Aboriginal didj suppliers. Most went out of business due to more and more non-indigenous people making didjes (and it is not one or three individuals, but the sheer number of them). The Aboriginal didj makers that are left sell less didjes now than they did then and are struggling to survive. We will not do anything to help accelerate this terrible trend and ask for your support on this. Thanks

Keep on didjing with respect...
Svargo

[Updated on: Mon, 12 December 2005 17:57]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon4.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon4.gif
Read Message
Previous Topic: Didj cave painting?
Next Topic: Recording Didge Music
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 20 08:55:41 CDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06817 seconds

© Didjshop.com, 1993-2012. For rights reserved and granted see our Copyright notice.