Didjshop Forum
All about didgeridoos and didj-related topics

Home » Didjshop Forum » General Didj Issues » Health of the didjeridu market
Re: Health of the didjeridu market [message #2309 is a reply to message #2308] Sat, 17 December 2005 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
in_didgi_nas is currently offline  in_didgi_nas
For me it is the sound QUALITY that I seek. When I make my own hardwood didjs I give no quarter to trying to "tune" it. I just try to make the sound of it to be resonant, bright with good volume and vocals. It sounds like from you description of you harmonic vocals and jazzy style could also double for a description of what I come up with. I do have a few great cds of didj players both traditional and contemporary, but I do not try to play along with them or emulate them. I look for clues to sound production, but otherwise I do my best to keepmy playing expressive, organic and personal. I am sure that later on (as my personality usually does) I will delve into the origins and traditions of NEAL and WAL style playing. But for now I am enjoying it as a medium for creativity.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Recording Didge Music
Next Topic: Recording setup?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 20 07:42:43 CDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.28460 seconds

© Didjshop.com, 1993-2012. For rights reserved and granted see our Copyright notice.