Didjshop Forum
All about didgeridoos and didj-related topics

Home » Didjshop Forum » General Didj Issues » Health of the didjeridu market
Re: Health of the didjeridu market [message #2332 is a reply to message #2290] Tue, 20 December 2005 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Daz is currently offline  Daz
"Do you think that the didjeridu industry has grown too quickly, with tourist grade instruments flooding the market?"

Possibly, but in the end I don't think it will matter, in fact I think it will help the traditional makers in the future, Why? Well the people that buy tourist didges/rubbish immitations will hopefully fall in love with the instrument, do some research and find what they are playing on is crap, they will then realise that they have to buy a new quality stick from a reputable dealer like our hosts in order to improve. I know you think I am dreaming, but I hope it goes this way. A few years ago something called digital came out, everyone sold their film cameras to fund their own digital rvolution. What is happening now? People are selling their digital kit to buy back into traditional, quality film kit, film in general is more reliable, has better quality and has a longer life than digital, transfer this to the didge scene and you will see what I am getting at.

"Can we reconcile the traditional place of the instrument
with the new movement toward performance-based instruments?"

I don't know why we need to, there is a place for both.

"As a modern player, do you feel eucalyptus best suits your style? "

YES. I have played a few different sticks, and nothing comes even close to eucalyptus for the sound I like, yes there are other materials out there that are very good, but I just love the dirty sound from a real eucalyptus yidaki.

"What do you think of a grading system on instruments "

Deffinately needs to be done, the sooner we can get something sorted out the better, people need to know what they are buying simple as that. People can buy whatever they like, as long as they know what they are buying and aren't being duped into buying "traditional aboriginalinstruments" that are actually mass produced in indonesia by people who dont even know where Australia is

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Recording Didge Music
Next Topic: Recording setup?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 20 09:01:34 CDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.12108 seconds

© Didjshop.com, 1993-2012. For rights reserved and granted see our Copyright notice.