Didjshop Forum
All about didgeridoos and didj-related topics

Home » Didjshop Forum » Maintenance and Repair » bag protection
Re: artwork protection [message #2935 is a reply to message #2930] Tue, 07 March 2006 20:36 Go to previous message
RawFoodGuy is currently offline  RawFoodGuy
Hi Jason,

THanks for all your input. I have really been enjoying the didg. It is incredibly smooth. THough I tend to play with power, I noticed the subtlety of this didg right away and have been working with that, playing with as little breath as possible to get a pretty resonant drone and more subtle overtones and stuff. I don't have the CD you mentioned, and am not particularly a trad player, though am inspired by trad technique. I studied a bit with Randy Graves and David Blanasi, and have incorporated that into my own style, which is a bit more modern but definately uses a lot of what I trhink you mean by articulation and precision. I'll check out that CD however since I do want to learn more trad technique.

I'll try the Krylon matte finish. However, in the bore, won't any oil potentially infiltrate the wood and get to the surface, damaging the ocre paint?

Also, I bought an Australian made didg bag, by Didg******as (censored for DidgShop Smile. I thought the padding and insulation was good for a didg living in the Florida heat, where I have already melted a couple of beeswax mouthpieces. Since I made a beeswax mouthpiece for the Burrngupurrngu, I thought this would be a good idea. (Though I can play without the beeswax, I actually prefer it, and the Burrngupurrngu is awesome with it by the way.)

However, now that I have just recieved it, I notice that they are not kidding about Oil Skin...it is soaked with oil on the outside surface - enough to leave oil stains on the inside of the shipping box. Inside is lined with Australian wool throughout and a nylon lining - no oil. But I am concerned about the potential of transferring the oil to the surface of the didg with hand contact or something, even using Krylon. What do you think?

I'll get in touch off forum as well, since I would like to get to know you better in general - we probabvly have some things in common Smile However, this topic could be instructive for others on the forum too.

Thanks again,
RawFoodGuy

Bob Ross
AIM: RawFoodGuy
Email: Robert@RawFoodLife.com

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Didj rot
Next Topic: ok!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 17 22:47:05 CDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06535 seconds

© Didjshop.com, 1993-2012. For rights reserved and granted see our Copyright notice.