Didjshop Forum
All about didgeridoos and didj-related topics

Home » Didjshop Forum » Maintenance and Repair » cracking, humidity etc.
cracking, humidity etc. [message #4962] Sat, 11 August 2007 20:54 Go to previous message
paolichert is currently offline  paolichert
Some time ago, I finally bought a REAL didj which cost me some major bucks. Today I decided to comb the internet for advice on how best to care for my new didj and I was shocked at some of the information I found. Overall, from what the majority of sources say, it sounds to me like cracking is unavoidable. This is of particular concern for me because I live in the American midwest where rapid and extreme climatic changes are pretty much normal. In summer it is very humid here, and in winter it can be very dry indoors-- rapid changes from wet-dry and dry-wet can occur in the course of a single day, too. Unless someone wants to spend a fortune building a storage place with a controlled environment, there is not much one can do to avoid the weather. So my question here is...is it pretty much a given that my didj is going to crack at some point in time? Is crackage mainly associated with heavy use of the didj during dry periods? Like I said before, winter is just around the corner here and I'm trying to be prepared! Thanks 4 the tips.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Didj Dribble...
Next Topic: what humidifier?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 18 00:41:11 CDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.20438 seconds

© Didjshop.com, 1993-2012. For rights reserved and granted see our Copyright notice.