Didjshop Forum
All about didgeridoos and didj-related topics

Home » Didjshop Forum » Advanced Playing » Varying Toots in between normal rhythm
Re: Varying Toots in between normal rhythm [message #5672 is a reply to message #5305] Tue, 11 August 2009 18:22 Go to previous message
noumenon is currently offline  noumenon
Hello,

I am not very experienced, but I have been wanting to toot better too. I recently acquired a copy of Milkay Mununggurr's CD (Hard Tongue traditional style). There is a section that talks about transitioning between the toot and drone. From what I have gathered, the best method is to first start learning the exact pressure of each toot (muscle memory of lips for each note), which you practice long sustained notes, then short blasts. Then you switch between toot and drone (different notes of toots if desired). The best pronunciation for toot to drone is dup-pu (dup=toot, pu=softening of lips). So, if you start slow and persevere, you should be able to dup-pu-dup-dup-pu etc... Best of luck to you, hope this helps.

Read Message icon12.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: contemporary mixed with trad
Next Topic: Low Tone
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 18 22:37:44 CDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02373 seconds

© Didjshop.com, 1993-2012. For rights reserved and granted see our Copyright notice.