Didjshop Forum
All about didgeridoos and didj-related topics

Home » Didjshop Forum » Advanced Playing » Dry mouth
Re: Dry mouth [message #5456 is a reply to message #5382] Thu, 12 March 2009 07:52 Go to previous message
jonnymonument is currently offline  jonnymonument
Hi Gerhard

I used to play a lot of trombone, back along, and dry mouth is a real killer. It only ever happens when you're on stage and it is totally nerve-induced. Once I had become a seasoned player and had no worries about what I was doing, then the dry mouth went completely. Even if you're feeling good about the gig, if a dry mouth comes up, it's because you're nervous.... or at least some little part of you is nervous! Is there a tune you play that you're not quite comfortable with? If it is a tune you find hard with stops and starts and intricate rhythm etc, then do it first! Get it out the way... Dry mouth is a nightmare, but it will go.

I never found that water or anything helped dry mouth. Beer certainly doesn't! I would be loath to try anything else.. I imagine olive oil would riun the embouchure totally, so just keep it au naturel!

Sorry this reply is so late for you, but I only just saw the post.

Take it easy, and keep on didjing!

Jonny Monument

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Musical key Combination
Next Topic: New Bee Advice
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 18 22:23:34 CDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04432 seconds

© Didjshop.com, 1993-2012. For rights reserved and granted see our Copyright notice.