Didjshop Forum
All about didgeridoos and didj-related topics

Home » Didjshop Forum » Maintenance and Repair » Total Didge Reconstruction!!!
Total Didge Reconstruction!!! [message #5424] Thu, 04 December 2008 13:40 Go to previous message
bc30629 is currently offline  bc30629
Hello everyone!

I'm new here but love the resources available. Nice work!

My girlfriend went to Australia last year and bought herself a didge. On the ride back home the pressures of moving and traveling caused a couple of cracks to appear and make the instrument unplayable. Sad

I have set out on a journey to repair her didge for her christmas present this year but could use some suggestions.

Original condition- Looked to be primed and painted just a plain brown, beeswax mouthpiece.

Condition now- I have completely sanded the didge to the raw wood and removed the mouthpiece.

Plans- I want to fill the cracks with resin or wood glue with sawdust. Sand some more, stain, paint, and then seal with a clear varnish or polycrylic.

My questions for ya'll- What are the best materials and supplies to use for filler, stain, paint, and sealant. What is the specific order of operations I should follow to make this come out the best.

Basically if someone could provide me with a rundown of how I should tackle this didge I would greatly appreciate it.

THanks ALL!!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Didj cracking
Next Topic: Varnish, wax and hapinnes stuff
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 17 23:25:09 CDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02481 seconds

© Didjshop.com, 1993-2012. For rights reserved and granted see our Copyright notice.