Didjshop Forum
All about didgeridoos and didj-related topics

Home » Didjshop Forum » Maintenance and Repair » Varnish, wax and hapinnes stuff
icon3.gif  Varnish, wax and hapinnes stuff [message #5454] Sat, 07 March 2009 05:55 Go to previous message
De Lucena is currently offline  De Lucena
I just bought a High concernt D didj made in didshop in 2003 from a friend of mine. A very beautifull and thick boxwood stick with 11,2kg and 162cm. The problems is my good mate removed all the external surface protection and was using some king of wood wax for polishing the didj (WHY???? Sad ) Well, thats ok.. the didj looks very natural and raw. Put Im very concern about the long life of the didj.
This is of particular concern for me because I live in the South of Brazil where rapid and extreme climatic changes are pretty much normal. In summer it is very hot and dry here, and in winter it can be humid indoors-- rapid changes from wet-dry and dry-wet can occur in the course of a single day, too. There is not much one can do to avoid the weather. Im having nightmares that my didj is going to crack at some point in time!!
So i was wondering if it is possible to rebuild a varnish finish in the outside. But i don't want to mess up the didj either.
So... mates, please help me!

1. Should I use varnish, or live the polish wax?

2. What kind of varnish should I get? I have here on that make a "plastic film protection" and another that "binds" the wood and promises no crackin in the varnish.

3. How many coats should i make?

4. Should I use the varnish in the inside again, since it is already sealled?

5. Will the varnish dull te didj sound as my friend told me??

thanks a lot!!

peace and joy for all

lucena

It's a family site

David de Lucena

[Updated on: Sat, 07 March 2009 10:03] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Read Message icon3.gif
Read Message
Previous Topic: Total Didge Reconstruction!!!
Next Topic: Got gum stuck in my didj!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 18 01:37:06 CDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.13683 seconds

© Didjshop.com, 1993-2012. For rights reserved and granted see our Copyright notice.