Didjshop Forum
All about didgeridoos and didj-related topics

Home » Didjshop Forum » Maintenance and Repair » Got gum stuck in my didj!
icon9.gif  Got gum stuck in my didj! [message #5716] Thu, 05 November 2009 00:51 Go to previous message
TLJRyan is currently offline  TLJRyan
I guess it was kind of funny, but I should have known better. Anyway, this happened about three months ago; and, I got the gum out right after it got stuck in there -- I'm very lucky that the gum was stuck close to the top, but no big deal.

Well, so today I noticed that I had scraped up the inside of my didje when I was prodding for the gum! I have circled the scrapes in my attached image.

Now that I am aware of this, what should I do? I play my didj for about an hour a day, so I'm afraid bacteria may have penetrated the wood in the scraped spots.

So, before I re-varnish, do I need to spray alcohol there? I'm not sure of the best course of action. I'm concerned about the long life of my didje -- you see, we're supposed to grow old together.

Too Long; Didn't Read: I need to sanitize and re-varnish a few spots on the inside of my didje. How? And thanks.

Meeting people, placing faces, facing places . . ..

[Updated on: Thu, 05 November 2009 00:54]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message icon9.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Varnish, wax and hapinnes stuff
Next Topic: experience with egg-tempera paint?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 18 02:38:11 CDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08824 seconds

© Didjshop.com, 1993-2012. For rights reserved and granted see our Copyright notice.