Didjshop Forum
All about didgeridoos and didj-related topics

Home » Didjshop Forum » Advanced Playing » So I finally throat sang into the didj!
Re: So I finally throat sang into the didj! [message #5772 is a reply to message #5770] Thu, 18 February 2010 22:51 Go to previous message
TLJRyan is currently offline  TLJRyan
Hello.

Thanks for offering to help.

I actually normally record with a zoom h4 recorder, using line-in with my drum microphone (soon to be using a seismic microphone). However, I sent that off with a friend of mine who is touring with his band. He wanted to get some live recordings on the road (who knows if the h4 will return to me alive Confused).

So what I have to use, now, is a logitech headset, which I use for voip conferences. I have internal sound issues with my laptop, and the headset isn't amplified.

But anyway, the high frequencies you're hearing may be the throat singing into the didje. There are three sounds being produced. The drone. My vocalization. And a high pitch whistle which should be around an octave higher pitched than the vocalization.

I know the sound is obnoxious. It probably cant be used musically and is a pain in the butt to produce in the didje.

But that's pretty cool that's your specialty. Do you have any projects going on involving your didjing?

Meeting people, placing faces, facing places . . ..

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Fine tuning...
Next Topic: Barunga festival didj competition
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 18 20:18:11 CDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04617 seconds

© Didjshop.com, 1993-2012. For rights reserved and granted see our Copyright notice.