Didjshop Forum
All about didgeridoos and didj-related topics

Home » Didjshop Forum » Maintenance and Repair » In depth repair of hairline cracks & how to repaint.
In depth repair of hairline cracks & how to repaint. [message #5842] Wed, 23 June 2010 06:48 Go to previous message
gabriel9119 is currently offline  gabriel9119
Hey guys! Now I have an eucalyptus didj from Australia I bought it from an aboriginal friend of mine while visiting Australia. However, on the way back home to the states the dramatic change in climate had caused a 9" hairline fracture to occur. I diagnosed that air was being let through the crack by shining a flash light through the crack and seeing if any light passed into the didj. After doing that I decided that I needed to fix it. I did a youtube video.. it's not up yet, but the reason I'm going in depth here is because I messed up and accidently deleted the video and I had to remake it after the crack was fixed and repainted. So its not as believable. Anyways I'm gonna explain how I made a super air tight seal over the crack and I'll also explain how I painted it without any professional help just using the stuff laying around my bedroom; with the exception of a few items. I'll try to put pictures in with the steps if they need explaining a little later, but if you click the next post on this thread I'll start breaking down the process.

The greatest perfection seems imperfect,
and yet its use is inexhaustible.
The greatest fullness seems empty,
and yet its use is endless.

- Section of the 45th verse of the Tao

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: experience with egg-tempera paint?
Next Topic: Large Hole Repair
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 17 22:46:45 CDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.11784 seconds

© Didjshop.com, 1993-2012. For rights reserved and granted see our Copyright notice.