Didjshop Forum
All about didgeridoos and didj-related topics

Home » Didjshop Forum » Learning to Play » How long did it take you to CB?
Re: How long did it take you to CB? [message #6007 is a reply to message #5943] Sun, 23 October 2011 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
RoJo is currently offline  RoJo
I was able to learn in about 3 hours of actually focusing and not giving up. Here is how I went about learning over two weeks.

I purchased an inexpensive didgeridoo just to see if I could make sounds and enjoy it. I was able to do sounds immediately, which shocked me. Did a lot of research, found this site. Talked to some people, ordered a didgeridoo from here (am648). While waiting. I continued to make drone sounds and during the day I would exhale all my air, puff up my cheeks, while keeping my lips tight, I squeezed the air out while I inhaled through the nose. I did this for 10 days simply to get my mind and muscle memory going.

I also ordered the DVD from this site. There are a lot of great techniques for practicing to help strengthen your muscles. He also does some healing playing on this video, trying to follow along and copy him also helped me out a lot.

Once the didgeridoo came. I sat down, put in the DVD and focused on trying to really learn. The high back pressure helps so much, I am very happy I found this webpage and this community Smile

I will try to post a youtube video. I do not have any good timing or rhythm, it won't sound pretty. I will learn and get better. I have about 8 hours of practice in now and starting to feel a lot more comfortable, but still a little rushed.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon12.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Determining the key
Next Topic: Vocalizing Tones
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 18 19:10:54 CDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02383 seconds

© Didjshop.com, 1993-2012. For rights reserved and granted see our Copyright notice.